The Korean Language Education Center, Department of International Exchange, of Wonkwang University has opened a Korean language training courses for foreigners as follows.
The student selection
- Foreigners interested in Korean studies may apply for Korean language courses at Korean Education Center of the Department of International Exchange.
- The selected students will be responsible for any expenses such as tuition, boarding and insurance.
This course is one year regular course, consisting of four semesters, spring, summer, autumn and winter, and one semester consists of 10 weeks. Students taking this course must attend the classes for two terms consecutively. The curriculum is categorized in 6 grades and those who have completed the course of the relevant grade, will be awarded the certificates according to the grade rating.
|year||semester||date||period||application closing date|
|2016||spring||2016.03.02 ~ 2016.05.13||10 weeks||2016.01.29|
|summer||2016.06.02 ~ 2016.08.11||10 weeks||2016.04.29|
|autumn||2016.09.02 ~ 2016.11.16||10 weeks||2016.07.29|
|winter||2016.12.01 ~ 2017.02.10||10 weeks||2016.10.28|
- 1 week 5 days (Monday-Friday), 4 hours per day (8:30 – 12:20)
|1||09:00 ~ 09:50||VocabularyㆍGrammarㆍ Writing||VocabularyㆍGrammarㆍ Writing||VocabularyㆍGrammarㆍ Writing||VocabularyㆍGrammarㆍ Writing||Zen and Meditation|
|2||10:00 ~ 10:50||ReadingㆍListeningㆍ Speaking|
|3||11:00 ~ 11:50||ReadingㆍListeningㆍ Speaking||ReadingㆍListeningㆍ Speaking||ReadingㆍListeningㆍ Speaking||ReadingㆍListeningㆍ Speaking|
|4||11:50 ~ 12:30|
2:00 ~ 3:20
|Special Lecture (TOPIK)|
- Special Lectures (TOPIK, Zen and Meditation) may be subject to change.
Elementary Class 1 (TOPIK Level 1)
- Targeting adult learners without knowledge of Korean language, it aims to nurture minimum communication skills necessary for everyday life
Elementary Class 2 (TOPIK Level 2)
- Targeting adult learners who received 200 hours of Korean language training or are capable of skills equivalent, it aims to nurture basic communication skills necessary for everyday life
Middle Class (TOPIK Level 3)
- Targeting adult learners who received 400 hours of Korean language training or are capable of skills equivalent, it aims to nurture communication skills needed in everyday social activities.
Higher Middle Class (TOPIK Level 4)
- Targeting adult learners who received 600 hours of Korean language training or acquired the skills equivalent, it aims to nurture communication skills required in various social activities
Experience in traditional culture of Korea.
Advanced Class (TOPIK Level 5)
- Targeting adult learners who received 800 hours of Korean language training or acquired the skills equivalent, it aims to nurture the ability to communicate in a variety of situations without inconvenience
Fostering broad knowledge about the history and culture of Korea
Advanced Intensive Class (TOPIK Level 6)
- Targeting adult learners who received 1000 hours of Korean language education or acquired the skills equivalent, it aims to nurture Korean language skills necessary for social life
Fostering in-depth knowledge about the culture and history of Korea.
Test of Korean Language Proficiency (TOPIK)
The students who are attending a training course or have completed it at the Korean Language Education Center, can apply for the qualifying exam of TOPIK, the state operated exam which is required if you want to proceed to a regular college or a graduate school.